The patio is usually a desirable exterior home feature, enjoyed by family and friends, especially during the warmer parts of the year. Being such, the patio sees use, and abuse, but the thing which affects the patio the most is exposure to the elements. Most paved surfaces are quite resilient and able to withstand lots of weather, but eventually they too start to deteriorate, visually if not structurally. Sunlight, heat, rain, ice, snow, etc. all cause the diminishing of good looks in paved surfaces, including the average patio. Moisture and rain cause fungal growth i.e. moss, also discolouration and other similar blemishes. Furthermore, many times the patio suffers from not-so-natural exposure like oil and fuel stains from lawnmowers and other gardening machinery, or perhaps bleach staining and other household chemicals.
Can Professional Patio Cleaning Reverse the Damage?
In short – most of it, but not all of it. Patio cleaning is a highly effective cleaning process and will shave back years of visual wear and tear from most patio paving. However, it is not a miracle cure, and an aging patio will simply look better but not as new, as the cleaning process is basically a renovation, or restoration, not a rebuilt.
Having said this, the patio cleaning service in nine out of ten cases delivers exceptional results, and the ‘wow’ effect is evident in most customers, once our technicians have finished the job. Is it worth having the patio cleaned professionally – by all means yes, not because we sell the service, but because it really has a tremendous effect on the property’s appearance and appeal. Needless to say, a clean and bright patio will instantly bring the property price a couple of notches should owners be looking to sell.
Equipment, Cleaning Process, Effects
- The patio cleaning service is performed using special equipment known as pressure washers or jet wash.
- The pressure washer / jet wash uses highly pressurised stream of water to cut through and blast off any mould, residue, built up and staining off the patio surface thus revealing its bright colours and pattern.
- The pressure washing method will not reverse sunlight damage like fading, or deep chemical damage as these are considered permanent, this however doesn’t mean that the results will not be obvious or worth your while.
- Jet wash / pressure washer cannot be used on patios with loose surface or compromised structural integrity as this will present a serious risk of personal injury and property damage.
- For optimal results and minimum service time, we recommend having the patio pressure cleaned in fairly good weather (light rain shouldn’t be a problem).
The Cleaning Technicians & Equipment
The cleaning process is carried out by qualified and experienced technicians. Although pressure washing may seem fun and easy it could be a dangerous process if done by a random, untrained person – personal injury and property damage are almost guaranteed if the jet wash equipment is toyed with. The equipment we use for all of our services is industry grade and has the necessary power and capacity to yield optimal results, even for our ironing services.